This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of new Special Trailer (ST) tire manufactured by HANKOOK Tire and Technology bearing Department of Transportation (DOT) prescribed tire identification numbers. Eligible tires shall be used on the vehicle/equipment on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle/equipment manufacturer’s or Hankook’s recommendation. This warranty applies if all following qualification requirements are met:
- The tire was purchased on or after January 1, 2021.
- The tire is a size, load rating and speed rating equal to or greater than that recommended by the vehicle/equipment manufacturer.
- The tire has not become unserviceable due to a condition listed under WHAT IS NOT COVERED.
- The tire is within 6 years from the date of manufacture or 6 years from the date of purchase, whichever benefits the customer.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG
Should any Hankook ST tire covered by this limited warranty become unusable due to a workmanship or material related condition during its usable tread life (more than 2/32nds of an inch of remaining tread), Hankook will give a credit on the following conditions:
- During the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread and within one year from date of purchase: Tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook produced tire free of charge, including mounting and balancing charges. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost of any other charges in connection with the replacement of the tire is required to be paid by the owner.
- After the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread or after one year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first: The amount of the credit will be determined by multiplying the then current dealer selling price for the same tire (excluding taxes) by the percentage of remaining usable tread depth, based on the original tread depth. The cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges, fees, and applicable taxes shall be paid by the owner.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under the following conditions:
- Originally purchased or used outside the United States of America or Puerto Rico.
- Willful Abuse / Collision / Wreck / Fire.
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation to punctures, cuts, impact breaks, stone drills, bruises, bulges, snags, collisions, etc.
- Premature/irregular wear due to vehicle/equipment mechanical reason and/or improper maintenance.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation to improper mounting/ demounting, under inflation, improper tire size, improper repair, defect in vehicle, abuse, improper storage.
- Cosmetic ozone or weather cracking
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over 4 years old from the date of manufacture.
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32nds tread wear or 1 year from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.
- With tread depth of 2/32nds or less remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut or buffed.
- Racing & off-road use and Misapplication.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damage.
* Note: Consequential damage mentioned above may not apply to you based on States limitation.